Begin 2020 By Following Jesus
‘Tis the season we start to plan for the approaching new year – every New Year’s Day seems to come more quickly than the last, doesn't it?!
We can find examples in Scripture of people making resolutions and commitments before God; for example, David wrote the following in Psalm 101:
“I will sing of lovingkindness and justice,
, I will sing praises.
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
A perverse heart shall depart from me;
Wow, that sounds like a great commitment to make, from someone who was wanting to please God with all his heart.
What about you?
Have you been thinking that you need to make a resolution to draw nearer to God? There’s no more important goal you could possibly have.
We’d love to help you! – you can find a lot of ideas to encourage you on this website, but let us recommend a few specific things that you might appreciate:
1. Start Reading the Bible Today!
- Start reading the book of Mark if you'd like to know more about the life of Jesus.
- Start reading the book of Acts if you'd like to see how the gospel first began to be spread through the world.
- Start reading Genesis if you'd like to learn more about the beginning of the world and God's work in it.
If you'd like to know what other books of the Bible are about, or if you need help in understanding what you're reading, we know how you feel - let us help you by sharing what we've learned! Feel free to send us a message here.
2. Listen To A Selection Of Bible Lessons That Will Motivate You To Want To Learn More
We’ve selected the following lessons as a sample introduction to the kind of teaching that is presented regularly at our assemblies. You can find loads of other lessons on this site, and you might also want to check out our podcast (iTunes, RSS).
3. Get Connected To A Small Group Bible Study Near You To Dig Deeper
Click here to see a list of studies that are currently being held or planned for the new year. Some are in homes, some are in coffee shops or other public places. If you can’t find a study you’re interested in here, we’re blessed with servants who would be willing to start a new study for you (and for others in your area, if you like) - please let us know here!
4. Come Visit During One Of Our Assemblies
Our meeting times are found here, and a map to the building is at this link. Check out the front page of website for a list of current and upcoming Bible studies held at our church building – they’re open to everyone!
5. Reach Out And Share With Us How You Think We Can Best Help You
Just send us a message at this link, and share your thoughts as to how we can best encourage you to reach your goal of drawing nearer to God. We’d be glad to help!